Friday 30 October 2009

British Museum...propa day out!

Today I got up early and went to the british museum all on my ones! It was a great day...apart from having to walk up/down Oxford Street. I went to the Egyptian section and drew Egyptian Statues. Some Italian and French kids came up to me to see what I was doing which was pretty sweet.





I went to a comic/graphic novel bookshop opposite the museum which was a pleasant surprise to discover. I bought a Moomin book :) bound together beautifully with a lovely cover. I have read the first few pages of Tove Jansson's glorious creation and I am very happy.



Third thing was to see Conor Harringtons work at the Lazerides gallery. I had to come back today as last nights private view had a guest list which I wasnt on :( Harrington's work is amazing though!! He is my favourite artist right now! I took a few pictures on my phone, but I'm not sure how to get them on to my computer so here is a picture of his work from the show at Wallsal early this year

No comments: